Pilates is a great form of exercise when pregnant as it strengthens the abdominals and pelvic floor. This in turn supports the weight of the baby and helps maintain good posture. Pilates also works the upper body to strengthen the arms and shoulders to prepare for feeding and carrying and again maintain good posture.
Pilate’s during pregnancy has many benefits such as:
- improved circulation
- maintenance of fitness levels
- improved posture and prevention of back pain
- improved sleep
- increased body awareness
- helps to decrease stress and anxiety
- gives us a feeling of well being
- prepares the body for delivery
Pregnancy Pilates is offered on a private basis either 1-2-1 or in a small group. Alternatively you can join one of my mixed ability classes if you have previously participated in Pilates.